Transcripts & Diplomas
Print and mail transcripts will not be sent during this time. Any electronic requests through
Credentials that are verified and authorized will automatically process.
Requesting a transcript
Clarion University transcripts consist of a student's complete undergraduate, graduate, and/or doctoral academic history at Clarion University.
Current students may view unofficial transcripts through their MyClarion portal. Select Academics → Other Academic drop down → Select Transcript: View Unofficial → Click the Go icon/pointer next to it → Click View Report → Unofficial transcript will open up in new window. (Enable pop-ups on your computer when accessing unofficial transcripts in MyClarion first.)
Options for Ordering Official Transcripts
Current students – request official transcripts through your MyClarion portal.
- After you are logged into MyClarion, click the Student Center link.
- Click the My Academics link.
- Click the Request official transcript link
Previous students without access to MyClarion, please click the logo below to order transcripts.
- There is a fee of $2.65 per transcript for use of this service.
- To utilize this service, students will need to have their Social Security number, telephone number and a valid major credit card (VISA, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express) and the name and address of where the transcript is to be mailed. You must also have a valid email address.
- Your hand-written signature may be required to complete your PDF transcript order.
- First-time students will not have a transcript until after their first semester grades are posted.
- There is an additional operator surcharge for placing orders over the telephone to Credentials.
Automatic Authorization – some transcript orders may qualify for 'automatic authorization' without your signature. To qualify, you must meet the following criteria:
- Name on your credit card must exactly match your name as it appears on university records and
- Clarion ID, date of birth or Social Security number, or any combination of two of these must match what is on your university records.
If your order is not eligible for 'automatic authorization', you will be able to complete a form at the end of the order process. Your order will be processed upon receipt of the form, unless you have requested it be held for grade or degree posting.
- Complete and sign the transcript request form.
- Mail form to Clarion University, Registrar's Office, 840 Wood Street, Clarion PA 16214 OR
- Fax form to 814-393-2039 OR
- Email form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No fee is required for a request submitted directly to the Registrar's Office. If you request your transcript to be printed and mailed through Credentials Transcript Ordering, there is a $2.65 fee per transcript.
- There is a limit of three transcripts per request and only one request per day.
- Transcripts will be mailed to the postal address or email address for electronic delivery you indicate on your form.
Please note: Students who attended prior to fall 1985 who want their transcripts sent electronically will need to order transcripts through Credentials. We do NOT fax transcripts.
- Office hours are 8:30 to 4:30, Monday through Friday (except holidays)
- Complete and sign a paper form at our office.
- No fee is required. There is a limit of three transcripts per request and only one request per day.
- In most cases, you can take the transcript with you. You can also have it mailed
or sent electronically.
Important Information to Know
- Transcripts will NOT be processed unless all outstanding obligations to Clarion University are cleared. You will receive an email if you have a hold preventing release of your academic records.
- Transcript will NOT be processed without the student's signature.
- Transcripts can only be picked up by the student or the person listed on the order form.
- If picking up the transcript in person, photo ID is required.
- Transcripts from other institutions you provided for admissions consideration are the property of Clarion University. You must contact the originating institution for a copy of that transcript.
- Transcripts with grades will not be available until the day after grades are due. You may request a transcript pending these grades. See the academic calendar for details on the grade deadline - http://www.clarion.edu/academics/academic-calendar.html
- Transcripts cannot be sent over-night via FedEx or UPS.
Diplomas will be confirmed after all grades are posted and, if applicable to your program, comprehensive/oral exams results are received and final copies of these are submitted. All graduation requirements must be completed and any course with a grade of Incomplete or In Progress must be changed to a letter grade before your degree can be granted. Also, all transfer credits must be received and recorded. If you did not attend the commencement ceremony to receive a diploma cover, you may request a diploma cover in writing to the Registrar's Office 840 Wood St, Clarion, PA 16214 and include $3.00 for postage made payable to Clarion University.
All holds and outstanding balances on ones account must be cleared from your record before your diploma can be released. Holds include any financial obligations to the University, including fees, parking tickets, Hreachmack loans, keys returned to Public Safety and the completion of the Perkins Exit interview.
Diplomas bear the name of your degree (ex. Bachelor of Science) and last date of the term (not the day of the commencement ceremony). Your academic transcript will include all majors, minors, and academic honors.
Diplomas will be mailed to students who have been cleared for graduation approximately 8 weeks after grades are processed. You will receive a confirmation email to your Clarion Eagle Mail once your diploma is shipped.
Requesting a Duplicate Diploma
Duplicate diplomas may be requested by submitting a written request along with a $15 fee made payable to Clarion University of PA. Processing time for duplicate diplomas will vary depending on the date the request is received. Rush orders requiring immediate processing is an extra $8.95. Timeframe for a rush order: A rush order means your diploma order will be submitted to the printing company within 3 business days. The company will then ship the diploma within 10 business days.
Your request should include:
•Name as you would like to appear on your diploma
(if your name has changed since graduation, please complete and submit the Name Change Form)
•Clarion ID or Social Security #
•Complete mailing address
•Date of graduation & degree
•Daytime telephone number
•Your email address (if you wish to have a confirmation email sent to you once it is shipped)
Mail requests to the following address:
Clarion University of PA
840 Wood Street
Clarion, PA 16214
*Processing time for duplicate diplomas will vary depending on the date the request is received.