Professional Development Day
Friday, February 16, 2018
9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Suites on Main North and South
Clarion University, Clarion, PA
Professional Development Day covers core professional development information/skills that students need when searching, securing and entering the job market.
Check-in begins at 9:00 a.m. and lasts until 12:00 p.m. in the Suites on Main North lobby, near the theater.
A series of 5 sessions will occur that include a diverse group of professional development workshops from 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Presenters will include career professionals, business and educational leaders across multiple disciplines and industries.
Session 4 will be broken into two categories:
- Freshmen through Juniors will learn how to network with professionals, while enjoying a buffet-style lunch.
- Seniors and Grad students will have the opportunity to network with professionals in similar industries and areas of interest over a buffet-style lunch. This is first come first serve seating, limited to 75!
The Center for Career and Professional Development will verify attendance to workshops that are required to obtain a digital badge. Badges will be distributed via Credly within two weeks after the event. Remember, participants may supplement workshops through CUprofessional and acquiring a badge makes you mentee eligible for the CUmentor program.
Who can attend
The Professional Development Day is open to all majors and students, and is designed for sophomores through graduate students. Presenters will cover a variety of topics that can easily translate into any profession.
Is there a dress requirement
How do i sign-up
- Seating will be limited to the first 150 students, be sure to apply early.
- RSVP registration ends Friday, February 9, 2018.
- After completing the RSVP form you will receive an email confirming your registration.
- If your plans change and you cannot attend, please contact our office at least a week in advance of the program. Failure to do so may impact your eligibility to receive career services in the future
Clarion University's Student Council for Excpetional Children
Clarion University's Sigma PI Epsilon Delta
If you have any questions, please contact the Center for Career and Professional Development at (814) 393-2323 or stop by our office in 419 Becht Hall.