Academic Excellence Series
2018 Academic Excellence Series
A Celebration of University Recognition and Scholarship
April 13 - May 1
Clarion University annually holds an Academic Excellence Series for a week. The Academic Excellence Series is sponsored by Clarion University and its purpose is to honor faculty, staff, graduate students and undergraduate students on the research and academic endeavors that they have completed throughout the academic year.
"We are glad to continue this program and it is very fitting at this time of year because it allows us to honor and recognize the students and all their work that they have accomplished throughout the entirety of the academic year."
—Dr. Brenda Sanders Dede
Clarion University's 13th Annual Academic Excellence Series
Friday, April 13
- Scholar and Donor Recognition Dinner: 5 p.m. Gemmell Multi-Purpose Room. An event celebrating the donors and supporters who make student success possible at Clarion University. Program | By Invitation Only.
Thursday, April 19
- Beta Gamma Sigma Induction Ceremony: 5 p.m., Moore Hall. The highest recognition a business student anywhere in the world can receive in an undergraduate or master's program at a school accredited by the AACSB International. By Invitation Only.
saturday, April 21
- Minority Student Services Recognition Dinner: 6 p.m. Gemmell Multi-Purpose Room. Program|Recognition of students for their achievements in academic, leadership, athletic and service areas.
Sunday, April 22
- Phi Eta Sigma Initiation Ceremony: 2 p.m., Gemmell Multi-Purpose Room. Honor conferred on those who, at the beginning of their college careers, give promise of continued excellence in scholarship. | Program
Monday, April 23
- Venango Night of Excellence: 6:30 p.m. Robert W. Rhoades Auditorium, Venango. Recognizing academic excellence and achievement. | Program
Tuesday, April 24
- Faculty and Staff Scholarship Recognition: 3 p.m., Carlson Library, Center for Academic Excellence. Program|Recognition of faculty and staff research, scholarship, professional development, external grants and creative endeavors.
- Honors Program, Senior Honors Presentations: 6 p.m., Theatre in Suites on Main North and Still Hall. Program|Honors students present their capstone projects.
Wednesday, April 25
- Reinhard Awards: 7 p.m. Gemmell Multi-Purpose Room. Recognition of the accomplishments of students and student organizations. | Program
Thursday, April 26
- Undergraduate and Graduate Research Conference: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Gemmell Multi-Purpose Room. Undergraduate and graduate student research presentations.
Sunday, April 29
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society Initiation Ceremony: 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Hart Chapel. The nation's oldest, largest and most selective honor society for all academic disciplines.
- Academic Convocation with Refreshments: 2 p.m. Gemmell Multi-Purpose Room. Student Awards including Syed Ali-Zaidi nominees and outstanding graduate students. Program
- Symphonic Band Concert: 4 p.m. Marwick-Boyd Auditorium. Program
Tuesday, May 1
- ROTC Leadership Excellence Awards Ceremony: 6 p.m. Gemmell Multi-Purpose Room. Recognizes the top 10 percent of ROTC Cadets that demonstrate outstanding qualities of leadership, moral character and a high aptitude for military service, as well as academic achievement and participation in campus activities. By invitation only.