Office 2013 Word
Word 2013 – "What's New"
- Reading Mode - Designed for Tablet users, this mode allows users to flip through
- Resume Reading - Reopen a document and keep reading right where you left off. Word
remembers where you were—even when you reopen an online document
from a different computer!
- Edit PDFs using Word - Open PDFs and edit the content in Word. Edit paragraphs, lists, and tables
just like familiar Word documents. By far one of the most anticipated new
features of Word 2013 is its ability to open and edit PDF. No more copy
and pasting and re-exporting!
- Online videos - Insert videos into your document and watch them without needing to navigate
away from your page.
- Simple Markup - No longer will you have review markups cluttering your view with the new
simple markup view, which displays a small indicator symbol where changes
have been made.
- Live Layout and Alignment Guides - As you resize and move objects around the document, the alignment
guide pops up so that you can align your objects with your text accurately.
You can also view a live preview of your changes as you edit your document.
- Inline Comments - You can reply directly beneath a comment or mark it as done so that
collaboration is a lot simpler.
- Define Feature - The Define feature allows you to select text and instantly access dictionaries,
thesauruses and other helpful word apps so that you can have more control
over your content and really give it polish.
- Expand and collapse - You can expand or collapse sections of your document so that your
reader can choose whether to view them or not.
(The below items requires valid credentials to download. See secure download instructions.)