D2L Troubleshooting Guide
1. Did you run the System Check? It is quick, easy and free and will ensure that your web browser is optimized for your D2L courses. This only takes a minute and will save you time and trouble later.
2. Did you check the Technical Requirements page for supported Browser version information?
3. Did you reset your password? When accessing D2L for the first time, you must change your password. Click here to perform the password reset.
4. Are you using the correct username? Student usernames begin with "s_" . The correct username format is s_username (the @clarion.edu has already been added t the login screen for you). Please review our Accounts page if you do not know your username.
5. Was your Clarion username just created? If so, please wait 24 hours and then try to login again. If you are still having trouble, you may need to perform a password reset. Change Password.
6. Did your password expire? Students must reset their passwords every 180 days. Faculty and staff will need to reset their password every 90 days. You will receive a reminder in your university email when the expiration date is near. Change Password.
7. Did you forget your password? As long as you have set up a "security question", you will be able to reset your own password. Change Password.
8. If you still can't login, please contact the Clarion University Center for Computing Services Help Desk (x2640) or submit a Help Desk ticket. For after-hours support, please call the 24x7 support number (855-203-5112).
1. Don't see your course ? After you login to D2L, you arrive at your D2L My Home page. Courses must be pinned to this page make them visible in your My Courses widget. (Instructions and tutorials for locating and pinning courses can be found on the Daylight Experience web page) Or, click the tiled "waffle menu" at the top of the page for an alphabetical list of courses or to search for your course. If your courses are not listed it may be for one of the following reasons:
2. Did you just enroll in the course? It typically takes a few hours to sync your registration with the course in D2L; please check again in approximately 12 hours.
3. Is the semester start more than two weeks away? Courses are populated with their classlist no earlier than two weeks prior to the
start of the semester. However, the course may not appear until the first day of class.
It is up to the instructor to make the course available/visible in D2L. If the semester has started, please contact your instructor to confirm they are using
D2L. If you are the instructor, please view Activate Course to see how to make a course active.
4. Is this a face-to face course? D2L is used for all online courses; however, not all face-to-face instructors use D2L. Verify use of D2L with your instructor.
5. Are you registered for the course? Please login to the My Clarion Portal and select the Student Center link to view your enrollment dates and course schedule.