The Mathematics Club was established to further the understanding and appreciation of mathematics and its related disciplines. Through its national affiliations; student, faculty, and professional presentations; and attendance at local and regional conferences, the Clarion association is able to accomplish this goal. Membership is unbiased and open to anyone with an interest in mathematics or science in general.
Periodicaly, the Mathematics Club and/or the Mathematics Department faculty invites a speaker to speak in behalf of a particular topic. These topics include of the use of mathematics outside of a classroom and sometimes career options for mathematics majors.
MEETING TIMES AND DATES
The Mathematics Club usual meets once on a month. The meetings are open to anyone to attend.
CLARION UNIVERSITY'S PORTAL
Directions on how to add yourself to the Mathematics Club in Clarion University's Portal
(1) Open your Web browser and go to the URL http://neptune.clarion.edu
(2) Next, log yourself into your student account like if you were checking your e-mail
(3) Click on the 'groups' icon - this is at the top of the screen to the very left
(4) A new window will pop up onto your screen. With that new window, click on the 'Groups Index' tab
(5) Under the Category List, select 'Academic'
(6) Now, under the Group Index, scroll down and click on the 'Mathematics Club' link
(7) Finally, click on 'Join Group' and your name will be automatically added to the Mathematics Club