Program Mission & Vision:
To provide students with comprehensive academic and technical skills that address the needs of our community and the employers of the region.
To ensure that students completing the associate of applied science in industrial technology are provided with an opportunity to secure employment in their area of concentration with the educational background to advance into supervisory positions or are able to further their education at Venango College of Clarion University or other institutions of higher learning.
Each program shall have current short and long range goals, and plans for achieving those goals.
Overall Program Goals:
- Ensure that programs of study remain current with industry standards
- Provide accessibility of the program to all students
- Provide the highest quality atmosphere for instruction
- Ensure graduates are prepared to find gainful employment in their technical area
- Ensure a safe learning experience
- Prepare students for the opportunity to continue their formal education at Venango College of Clarion University or other institutions of higher education
- To provide a facility on campus where students can complete their technical education with our current technical partners
Short Term Goals:
- Collaborate with business, industry, government, and professional organizations to ensure the program is offering the most current curriculum
- Provide professional development opportunities for faculty, staff, and students.
- Collaborate with other academic institutions to keep and create articulation agreements.
Long Term Goals:
- Seek and maintain accreditation from the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE)
- Actively solicit advice from our advisory board and others in the community concerning the operation and improvement of the degree program.
- Continuous improvement through the use of program learning outcomes
- Increase enrollment through various recruiting strategies
- Create an on-campus center for technical education