Associate of Applied Science in Industrial Technology
Venango College of Clarion University
The mission of the Department of Applied Technology at Venango College of Clarion University.
To provide students with comprehensive technical education and academic skills that match the needs of our community and the employers of our region.
The vision of the Associate of Applied Science in Industrial Technology degree:
To ensure that students completing the program are provided with an opportunity to secure employment in their area of concentration with the educational background to advance into supervisory positions or are able to further their education at other institutions of higher learning.
Associate of Applied Science in Industrial Technology Program Goals:
1. Ensure that programs of study remain current with industry standards and needs.
2. Provide accessibility of the program to all students.
3. Provide the highest quality atmosphere for instruction.
4. Ensure graduate employability.
5. Ensure a safe learning experience.
6. Provide opportunity for graduates to continue their formal education.
7. Provide a learning experience that will ensure student retention.
Short Term Operational Goals of the Associate of Applied Technology in Industrial Technology degree program:
- Collaborate with business, industry, government, professional organizations, and the community to maintain the quality of the Industrial Technology degree program
- Provide professional development opportunities for faculty, staff, and students
- Collaborate with universities, colleges, and high schools to keep and create more articulation agreements
- Collaborate with business, industry, and the community as partners to provide a quality learning experience that gives graduates the best opportunity to gain employment
Long Term Operational Goals of the Associate of Applied Technology in Industrial Technology degree program:
- Seek and maintain Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE) accreditation to ensure a quality educational experience
- Solicit input from our constituents including, students, graduates, advisory board members, business, industry, faculty, staff, and administration concerning the operation and improvement of the degree program
- Assess student and program performance through the use of outcomes assessment, Program Review and Evaluation Process, job placement rates, employer and graduate surveys
- Increase enrollment through recruiting efforts including; business, industry, government, professional organizations, and high schools