College Central Network is your CU online career management system! Create your account profile at www.collegecentral.com/clarion to:
- Search for current full-time, internship, part-time, campus or summer/seasonal employment opportunities.
- View the Career Services Center calendar of events.
- Submit your resume electronically to employers.
- Include your resumé in the CU Resumé Database that is accessed by employers targeting Clarion students/alumni for their career opportunities.
- Search for employers conducting on-campus interviews for internships and full-time jobs.
- Build, update and forward your online career portfolio to employers.
- Manage your job search by tracking your resumé submissions, and view employers who reviewed your resumé.
- Learn about expert job search tips from publications, podcasts and videos.
How can I get help using College Central Network?
- Click here to view and print the Student/Alumni Users Guide, call 814-393-2323, or stop by CSC in 114 Egbert Hall for assistance.
- Click here to access the Checklist for Finding Campus, Part-time and Seasonal Employment flyer.
How do I create an online account?
- Go to http://www.collegecentral.com/clarion
- Select the Students or Alumni button.
The instructions on the User's Guide are:
To Create an Account:
Click: Students [or Alumni]
Click: Create an Account
Create an Access ID and Password
Complete the Registration Information Form
Click: My Home Page
How do I log-in to my existing account?
Click: Students [or Alumni]
Click: Login at Student Central
Enter the Access ID and Password that you registered with.
Tips for Using College Central Network
- Post a resumé. Although you can access summer/seasonal, internship, and full-time opportunities after simply registering on CCN, employers tell us that it is frustrating when a student/alumnus does not include a resumé. They want detailed information about your qualifications and most likely will not contact individuals who do not provide it. We highly recommend that you take time to post your resumé if you want to be seriously considered by employers.
- Prior to posting your resume, send it to email@example.com for a review by our resume review team or schedule an appointment to have it reviewed in person or virtually by calling 814-393-2323. Online resume development assistance is available at www.clarion.edu/12717. Important! Uploaded resumes that have not been reviewed by career services may take an additional 3-5 business days to process. If your resume requires many changes, it may delay approval.
- When you update your resumé, be sure to upload the new resumé to your online account.
- Update your account profiles at the end of each semester.
- Update your "anticipated" college graduate date on your account profile. Employers often search for candidates by Graduate Date. If you do not list your anticipated college graduation date, you may miss out on opportunities.
- When you graduate, change your registration status to Alumni through your account profile. After you graduate, you should access your registration information and resumé through the Alumni icon on CCN, not the Student icon.
- Remember your password. If you can't remember it, you can request it at the log-in page.
- Forgot your access ID? Call us at 814-393-2323 or e-mail ClarionCCN@clarion.edu.
- Not sure how to submit your resume for a campus recruiting interview - click here.
- Don't register twice. If you are unable to access your account on CCN, give us a call. The Career Services Center can check for you.
- Looking for jobs on campus or in the community? Click here to access the Checklist for Finding Campus, Part-time and Seasonal Employment flyer.
Why is College Central Network (CCN) used?
- The Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education partners with College Central Network that enables the 14 SSHE career services offices to provide online services to students, alumni, and employers. Clarion University is part of this collaborative project.
Disclaimer: The Clarion University Career Services Center uses College Central Network as a clearinghouse of information regarding job and experiential education opportunities. The listing of a position should not be interpreted as an endorsement. The Career Services Center is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or other various aspects of employment.
Due to the volume of job announcements posted to the PA State System universities, Clarion University's Career Services Center is unable to research the integrity of each person or organization that lists an internship or job on College Central Network's database. Therefore, students and alumni should personally research openings and organizations prior to submitting a resume to an organization or entering into any employment agreements.