Career Connections

Text Alert

Get Connected

Dual Enrollment

What is Dual Enrollment?
Dual Enrollment is the opportunity for students to take college courses and high school courses at the same time. The college credits count toward both high school graduation and your college transcript.

Who teaches Dual Enrollment classes?
Courses are taught by qualified university faculty.

Where can I take Dual Enrollment classes?
Classes are taught on the Clarion University Main Campus as well as the Venango Campus. Students can also take classes on line.

Who can take Dual Enrollment classes?

Dual Enrollment is open to students who:
* Have a cumulative 3.0 high school QPA
* Submit results from the PSAT, SAT or PSSA tests
* Complete the Dual Enrollment Application
* Obtain signatures from their principal, guidance
counselor and parents.

What will Dual Enrollment Cost?
Funding exists to reduce the cost of a course for students meeting program requirements. 2013-14 costs: $115 per credit plus a $50 nonrefundable one time records fee for new Dual Enrollment students. Each student is responsible for the cost of book(s) for their course.

Will my transition to college be easier?
YES! Transition from high school to college is made easier by:
* Giving you time to adjust to rigorous academic expectations
* Remaining in a more comfortable setting
* Smaller classes
* More opportunities to ask questions

Will my credits transfer?

If you decide not to attend Clarion University following graduation, we can help you transfer to the college or university of your choice. You can also explore transfer options at: PA TRAC for more information.