Career Connections

Text Alert

Get Connected

Early-start Programs for High School Students


Dual Enrollment for High School Students

Dual Enrollment Application

Dual Enrollment is the opportunity for students to take college courses and high school courses at the same time. The college credits count
toward both high school graduation and your college transcript. Courses are taught by qualified university faculty.

Clarion Dual Enrollment is open to students who:

  • Have a cumulative 3.0 QPA

  • Submit results from the PSAT or SAT (95 or 950 critical reading and math) or results from the PSSA (advanced in one area)

  • Obtain signatures from their principal, guidance counselor, and parent

  • Provide an official high school transcript

Where can I take classes?

  • Attend Clarion University at Venango or Clarion campus

  • Web based classes that provide the same rigor as regular classes

Will I save money?

Yes, there are various options including school participation, university grants and discounted rates.

Will my transition to college be made easier?

Dual enrollment eases the transition from high school to university, giving you time to adjust to rigorous academic expectations while
remaining in a more comfortable setting, often with smaller classes and more opportunities to ask questions. 

Will my courses transfer?

If you decide that you will not attend Clarion University following graduation, we can help you transfer credits to the college or university of your
choice. Also, you can visit to find out more.
Local districts may have additional requirements. Contact your guidance counselor for more information.