Deadline: August 15, 2014
Salamanca Public Library Salamanca, NY
Minimum requirements for consideration : master's Degree in Library/Information Science
from an accredited American Library Association institution.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Civil Service: The position will comply with requirements of the Civil Service Commission
Submit resume to
Nan Miller, Library Board President
155 Wildwood Avenue
Salamantca, NY 14779
Deadline: August 15, 2014
Part-Time Library Clerk
Deadline: none given - will post until August 19, 2014
We are seeking an enthusiastic and personable individual to work 24 hours a week providing library services
and assisting patrons. The person who fills this job would also have the opportunity to develop and implement
programs to engage people of different ages and interests. Computer skills are needed. Prior library experience
is a plus. Weekend availability is a must. To apply, please drop off or send a resume to The Library Place,
Pittsburgh Mills Mall, 540 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Tarentum PA 15084.
Multimedia Specialist Job 7991 Open Until Filled
Deadline: none given - will post until July 20, 2014
Starting Pay: $4,140.93 - $5,687.07 Monthly (40hrs/wk) Marysville, WA
The Multimedia Specialist position will remain open until sufficient qualified applicants are received. Initial screening will begin
April 11, 2014. This position performs highly-skilled multimedia services to engage the public in the Library District's services and programs in support of the mission and strategic goals of Sno-Isle Libraries.
1. Creates images and advertisements for digital library displays, Sno-Isle's website, newsletters and other products to promote library programs and services.
2. Produce multi-media features, including audio podcasts, web-based and video design, interactive graphics, and live streaming.
3. Coordinates contents of district-wide video channels.
4. Oversees photo and video archives under the direction of the manager.
5. Participates in social media strategy and execution activities.
6. Provides support to the graphic artist.
7. Works with communications team to cultivate development strategies, measure audience reach and other actions resulting from multimedia efforts.
8. Provides other general communications support as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field of multimedia communications.
2. Monitors community events and resources for opportunities to promote Library services.
3. Trains new staff as needed.
4. Attends meetings, trainings, and workshops as assigned.
5. Assists with special projects as required.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
2. Knowledge of basic programming including PHP, ASP .net, CFML, etc.)
3. Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office products.
4. Experience with graphic design and multimedia production including editing and online playbacks.
5. Experience in website typography/layout/usability skills.
6. Strong written communications skills.
7. Strong organizational skills.
8. Ability to create solutions and artistic materials to engage the public.
9. Ability to analyze the message to be conveyed and create appropriate design.
10. Ability to work cooperatively and maintain effective interpersonal skills with the public and co-workers.
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor's degree in graphic arts, communications or related field and 3 years of relevant work experience, or comparable combination of education and experience.
2. Three years of experience preferred.
Starting Pay: $12.05 - $16.53 Hourly (15hrs/wk) Various Locations, WA
Sno-Isle Libraries is accepting applications for Page II positions on a continuous basis. These applications will be considered for no more than 60 days beyond original submission. Based on the need for positions or the functionality of this posting, we may suspend or discontinue it at any time.
Please indicate your interest in specific community libraries by selecting them in the application's supplemental questionnaire.
Those who are invited to an interview will be contacted by phone.
These positions will include working morning, afternoon, evening and weekend hours. Successful candidates may be required to adapt future schedule and location changes depending on library needs.
Receive, record, and return materials using integrated library computer system; inspect, clean, and mend materials
Perform shelf reading and rearrange materials in proper order; maintain stack and study areas
Collect, sort, and shelve library materials; other duties may be assigned
Requires the ability to read and sort library materials by alphanumeric symbols; operation of integrated library computer system; regularly lift and/or move objects or materials weighing up to 35 pounds; inspect, clean and make minor repairs to library materials and return to proper location.
Requires using computers, keyboards, and bar code readers; the ability to speak and understand English; working cooperatively and having favorable interpersonal relations with the public and co-workers. Applicants must be at least 16 years of age to apply.
Apply online at www.sno-isle.org/employment. (Paper applications are no longer being accepted.) Online applications must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. Incomplete applications may disqualify you. Resumes and letters of interest may be attached at your option, but will not be accepted as a substitute for a completed Sno-Isle application. Questions may be directed to Human Resources at:
Sno-Isle Libraries, Human Resources Phone (360) 651-7000, (425) 339-1711
Marysville Service Center Fax (360) 651-7151
7312 35th Avenue NE, Marysville WA 98271-7417 Job Line (360) 651-7040
Website: http://www.sno-isle.org/employment TTY 1 (800) 647-3753
Applications will be screened and applicants who best match the needs of posted positions will be contacted by phone if selected for an interview. The hiring process can take a minimum of 4 to 8 weeks. Applicants who need accommodations during the application or interview process should contact the Human Resources Department (360) 651-7000.
All offers of employment are conditioned on the provision of satisfactory proof of applicant’s identity and legal authority to work in the U.S. Offers of employment are also conditioned on Sno-Isle’s receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and a criminal background check, when required.
NOTE: This announcement is intended as a general descriptive recruitment guide and is subject to change. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.
Sno-Isle Libraries is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, physical, or mental disability, or the use of any trained guide or service dog by a disabled person. Persons who speak a language(s) in addition to English are encouraged to apply.