The following Clarion University faculty or staff members have received funding for special projects:
- Leah Magagnotti, Northwestern Pennsylvania Rural AIDS Alliance, was awarded $462,117 for her project, “Ryan White Part C Outpatient EIS Program.” The performance period is through March 31, 2015.
- Shelly Moore, nursing, was awarded $15,000 by the PASSHE Foundation, Inc., for her project, “Telenursing Educational Technology.” The performance period was Aug. 5, 2013 through Dec. 31, 2013.
- Dr. Kevin Roth, Small Business Development Center, was awarded:
- $78,000 by the U.S. Department of Agriculture for his project, “Technical Assistance to Increase Entrepreneurial Assistance and Training in Specific Rural Areas,” for the Jan. 1 through Dec. 31, 2014, performance period.
- $8,300 by PASSHE for his project, “Entrepreneurial Leadership Centers: Student Business Plan Competition,” for the July 1, 2013, through June 30, 2015, performance period.
- Dr. Bruce Smith, education, was awarded $57,777.78 by the Pennsylvania Department of Education for his project, “Science in Motion.” The performance period is July 1, 2013, through June 30, 2014.
- Debra Sobina, Venango administration, was awarded $26,255 by the Appalachian Regional Commission for her project, “Clarion University Nursing Lab Equipment.” The performance period was Oct. 1, 2013, through March 31, 2014.
Clarion University is the high-achieving, nationally recognized, comprehensive university that delivers a personal and challenging academic experience.