Seven Clarion University students received Association of Pennsylvania State College and University Faculties fall 2014 scholarships. Each will receive a $500 scholarship to use toward expenses for fall 2014.
Scholarships were awarded to the following students in six categories:
- Bryce Smith (Knox, Pa.), APSCUF, mathematics major;
- Elizabeth Kellermeyer (Denver, Co.), graduate, library and information science;
- Megan Bettwy (Hollidaysburg, Pa.), senior, speech language pathology major;
- Kaitlin Zoccola (Greenville, Pa.), junior, molecular biology and medical technology major;
- Graham Hoffman (Limonick, Pa.), freshman/sophomore, fine arts and graphic design concentration;
- Joshua Domitrovich (DuBois, Pa.) at-large I, Master of Business Administration;
- Prince Matthews (Pittsburgh, Pa.) at-large II, political science major.
The seven recipients were selected from 57 applications submitted by Clarion students. The criteria included: a minimum 3.2 QPA; participation and leadership in campus and community service organizations; and submission of a one-page narrative outlining goals and objectives for the future.
Members of the Clarion APSCUF Scholarship Committee are: Dr. Todd Pfannestiel; Dr. Kathleen O'Donnell; and Dr. Simon Aristeguieta.