Upon successful completion of this 20-credit/15 weekend program, students will be able to take the Pennsylvania State Auctioneer's License Exam and upon passing of this exam become a Pennsylvania Licensed Auctioneer.
Cost - $4800
Saturdays and Sundays
DARGATE AUCTION GALLERIES, LLC.
326 Munson Ave.
McKees Rocks, PA 15136
Students will learn the techniques, methods, and principles of auctioneering that will enable and prepare the student to organize and conduct an auction, understand and use procurement and appraisal resources in order to be successful, and to conduct an auction with a solid understanding of legal issues and requirements.
The 240 classroom hours will begin on March 1, 2014. Students will be taught by lecture, discussion, and a variety of other sources. Students will be required to complete assignments, pass examinations, and pass final exams for each of the six courses. Sixty (60) hours of Practical field experience with Pennsylvania licensed auctioneers under direction of Instructor will also be required. There will be an evaluation of competency for the Field Experience.
The Auctioneering Program consists of:
- A 20 credit program in Auctioneering required by the State Board of Auctioneer Examiners for licensure.
The Auctioneering Program meets all educational course requirements necessary to sit for the PA State Auctioneer's License Exam.
After successful completion of the Auctioneering classes and passing the State Auctioneer's License Exam, and obtaining a bond, the graduate becomes a PA State Licensed Auctioneer.
The Auction Program is designed to provide the student with knowledge of the techniques, procedures and principles of communication, appraisal, management, marketing, and law necessary to conduct a successful auction sale in Pennsylvania as well as to prepare them to sit for pass the Pennsylvania State Auctioneer Licensing Exam.
The curriculum not only meets State licensure requirements to take the state exam, but prepares the graduate, after licensure:
- To conduct an auction business with understanding of legal issues concerning the auction business and profession. The graduate will also have knowledge of federal, state, and local laws.
- To develop and use appraisal sources and techniques of valuation.
- To develop and train the staff necessary to carry out tasks and duties to complete a successful auction.
- To Take charge of an auction and develop interpersonal skills to control large and small groups of people.
- To develop a personal style of auction chant.
- How to obtain business, sellers, and goods to sell at auction.
- To Organize and manage various types of auctions including collections of antiques and collectibles, estate and real estate auctions and develop, build and educate a staff necessary to complete a successful auction.
- Keep accurate and complete records, understand the contracts entered into as well as demonstrate an understanding of the PA Auctioneer and Auction Licensing Act, Business Law, and other specific laws as they relate to Auctioneering.
- Understanding of Marketing and Advertising theories for the promotion of the auction and auction business.
- How to reconcile and settle an auction account.
- How to use procurement and appraisal fundamentals for additional business opportunities.
Charlene A. Caple