In the physics department, we believe in hands-on learning and train our students to use even our best equipment. Our facilities include:
- a state-of-the-art planetarium
- a well-equipped laboratory in nanotechnology and material science
- a small wind tunnel
- X-ray apparatus
- a Scanning Electron Microscope
- a Scanning Tunneling Microscope
- an Atomic Force Microscope
- research grade spectrometers and electromagnets
- several 8-inch telescopes.
Physics students will be given the opportunity to conduct research with our faculty, which includes Dr. Vasudeva Aravind, Dr. John Heard, Dr. Chunfei Li, and Dr. Sharon Montgomery.