What's New in D2L Version 10.3?
Mark your calendars now!
Desire2Learn (D2L) will be upgraded on Saturday, May 10, 2014. The upgrade from version 10.2 to version 10.3 will begin at 12:01am and end at approximately 2pm.
The Desire2Learn system will be unavailable during this time. During the upgrade window, faculty and students will not have access to the Desire2Learn environment. Summer I courses will be live in D2L 10.3 when classes begin May 12.
While this upgrade does not completely change the functionality of D2L, it does introduce changes to a few areas. The following is a summary of the major changes that will occur in D2L with the upgrade to v10.3.
Changes to Content, Discussion, and Dropbox Areas.
Course Content Upgrades:
- New features allow instructors to notify students of changed content when updating or changing a file from content. If teh instructor chooses to notify students, the notification now appears in students' My Home Alerts area of the minibar. Completion tracking can also be reset for students who will see "Updated" next to the revised Content item.
"Expand All - Collapse All" Content Tool:
Table of Content contains "Expand All - Collapse All" controls that enables students to quickly navigate through content. "Completed" modules are collapsible.
"Topic/activity" view pages design is more consistent with Table of Contents view. A visual change was made for students to view their last Last Visited date and Activity Details within a module.
- Improved Discussions List presents a more compact format making it less cluttered and easy to scan with the activity summary in columns next to the topic.
- Grid view is no longer available.
- "Show all topics/ Hide all topics" make it easier to show relevant and current topics.
- Students can now view rubrics from Content before submission and also access the graded rubric after evaluations are published.