Graduates of Associate of Science in Allied Health program are on the academic path to career advancement. In order to gain the necessary experience in this field, each student must participate in clinical course work. All clinical coursework is evaluated.
Evaluation of Clinical Course Work
Credits for completion of clinical course work will be considered on a case-by-case basis by Clarion's Department of Allied Health and will be based on the following criteria:
- The educational program is for an allied health profession that is recognized by the American Medical Association as a health care profession.
- The allied health educational program from which the applicant has graduated must meet one or both of the following criteria:
- The educational program must hold accreditation in good standing with a formal national programmatic accrediting agency widely acceptable to the specific allied health profession and formally recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- The educational program must be offered in a post-secondary institution of higher learning that has accreditation in good standing with a regional accreditor formally recognized by the U.S. Department of Education such as the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The allied health educational program from which the applicant has graduated must have entailed a minimum of 450 contact hours.