RECRUITER INFORMATION PAGE (Formerly known as the Experience Expo Summer Job and Internship Fair)
February 20, 2013
11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Gemmell Student Complex
Clarion University, Clarion, PA
(This job fair week is coordinated with Slippery Rock, IUP, Lock Haven and Penn State. See the dates of their fairs below.)
What is the Spring Career Fair?
The event is an opportunity for businesses, organizations and non-profit (501C3) agencies which have full-time jobs, internships, summer jobs, part-time positions, or fulll-time jobs to connect with students who are seeking these experiences.
Clarion University Academic Programs
Seeking a specific major? Click here for a full listing of Clarion University Majors, Minors, Degrees, Certifications and Certificate Programs.
|10 - 10:45 a.m.||Recruiter Check-In and Set-Up|
|10:45 a.m.||Opening Remarks|
|11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||Fair|
|1 - 1:30 p.m.||Recruiter Load Out|
Registration Form and Deadline
Registration Form: Call the Career Services Center at (814) 393-2323 to register for the event.
Standard For-Profit Business Registration: $25.00. Includes: One table, a chair for each registered recruiter, a listing in the online directory and the printed directory that is distributed to students at the fair (if registration is received three weeks prior to the event.)
Share-A-Booth For-Profit Business Registration: This option is only available to local merchants in the greater Clarion area. The registration fee is waived for local merchants who opt to Share-A-Booth. In selecting the Share-A-Booth option, you acknowledge that the space will be shared with another merchant in order to make the fair more affordable to local businesses. Includes: Half of one table a chair for each registered recruiter, a listing in the online directory, and the printed directory that is distributed to students at the fair (if registration is received three weeks prior to the event.)
Non-Profits (501C3), Government, and Military Agency Registration: Event fee waived.
Following the submission of your online registration form, you will see a confirmation form/invoice (if applicable). Please PRINT this form. Mail your registration fee with a copy of the confirmation letter/invoice form two weeks prior to the event to:
Career Services Center
840 Wood Street
114 Egbert Hall
Clarion, PA 16214-1232
Clarion University Federal Tax ID#25-1474927
Clarion University Request for Taxpayer ID Number is available online at http://www.clarion.edu/27925.pdf
Clarion University W-9 is available online at http://www.clarion.edu/27929.pdf
Refund: A full refund of the registration fee will be made if a written cancellation is received two weeks prior to the event.Sponsorships, Support and Advertising Information
Increase your visibility with career fair attendees by becoming an event sponsor or supporter! All sponsorships help with career fairs and professional development and job search services provided by the Career Services Center. No goods or services are rendered for being a sponsor of the event and donations are tax-deductible. The Federal Tax ID number is provided on the event registration form and registration confirmation letter. The Clarion University Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization.
Event Sponsor: $250
Event Co-Sponsor: $100
Event Supporter: Donate a door prize that the Career Services Center can raffle off after the event.
For detailed information, print a copy of our Sponsorship, Support and Advertising sheet.
- This event is located in the Multi-Purpose Room on the second floor of the Gemmell Student Center.
- Student volunteers may be available to provide you with a parking permit, directions to the parking area, and assist you with transporting your materials to the event location.
- One table, tablecloth and two chairs will be provided.
- You may place a banner or display on or behind your table (6' x 3').
- Signs are not permitted to be taped or tacked to walls.
- Wireless Internet service is available. However, you must provide your own laptop and wireless card.
- A limited number of electrical outlets will be made available on a first registered, first served basis.
- Organizations must supply their own audio/visual equipment and extension cords.
Lunch will be on your own. The Golden Grill Food Court and Ritazza Coffee Shop are conveniently located on the first floor of the Gemmell Student Center. Recruiters are encouraged to stagger their lunch break so that each table has at least one representative available to talk with students.
You can advertise your visit to campus in our weekly campus newspaper (distributed on Thursdays.) Contact The Clarion Call, Clarion University, 270 Gemmell, Clarion, PA 16214. Phone: 814-393-2380. E-mail: email@example.com . In addition, you may advertise on our campus radio station, WCUC, 91.7 FM at 814-393-2330.
Unloading Materials and Parking
- One hour before the event, you may temporarily park your vehicle on the Payne Street turn-a-round by Tippin Gymnasium, Marwick Boyd Fine Arts building and Gemmell Student Center to unload your materials, receive a parking permit and to be directed to the designated parking area. There will be a recruiter check-in sign and volunteers at that location.
- If you bring more than one recruiter, we suggest one recruiter unload and report to check-in while the other recruiter takes your vehicle to the designated parking area.
- Student volunteers will be available at the cul-de-sac one hour before the event to help recruiters transport materials to and from the venue.
- If you chose to park on campus at a metered space you will need to feed the meter. Parking tickets will be the responsibility of the recruiter.
Shipping of Materials and Displays
We will accept shipments prior to the event. Mail items to:
Career Services Center
Attn: Spring Career Fair
840 Wood Street, 114 Egbert Hall
Clarion, PA 16214
Include the name of your organization on the package so we can deliver it to your table on the day of the event.
As a courtesy to those organizing the fair, please call the Career Services Center if your organization/agency has to cancel at the last minute.
Contact Diane Lutz, Administrative Assistant, Career Services Center, at 814-393-2323 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Summer Job/Internship Fairs
As a convenience to organizations who seek college students for summer employment and internships, we have coordinated our fair with four other universities in Western and Central PA.
|Slippery Rock University||Tuesday, February 19, 2013|
|12:00 noon to 2:00 p.m.||Phone: 724-738-4027|
|Contact: Ms. Michelle Stenander||Email: email@example.com|
|Indiana University of Pennsylvania||Thursday, February 21, 2013|
|11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.||Phone: 724-357-2235|
|Contact: Jan Shellenbarger
|Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania||Wednesday, February 27, 2013|
|12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m.||Phone: 570-484-2181|
|Contact: Ms. Paula Zener||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Penn State University||Tuesday, February 26, 2013|
|11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.||Phone: 814-865-5131|
|Contact: Christina Dwyer||Email: CMD26@psu.edu|