Wednesday, October 16, 2013
10:00 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Monroeville Convention Center (adjacent to Monroeville Mall)
135 Mall Boulevard
Monroeville, PA 15146
What is WestPACS?
WestPACS is an organization comprised of 45 career centers at colleges and universities in Western Pennsylvania (including Clarion University) which sponsors two job/internship fairs, one held during the fall semester and one held during the spring semester.
Students and alumni are invited to the Western PA Collegiate Job and Internship fair to:
- meet informally with employers
- learn about internship and employment opportunities and the application procedures for both
- conduct interviews with employers who are holding interviews at the event
What employers recruit for internships and full-time employment at WestPACS?
Over 100 employers attend each fair, primarily representing the following areas:
For a listing of employers registered to date go to http://www.westpacs.org/page.aspx?PID=19.
Who can attend?
The Western PA Collegiate Job & Internship Fair is for students and alumni interested in full-time employment, internship, or co-op opportunities.
Clarion University's Career Development Center is a member of WestPACS. If you're a student or alumnus of Clarion University, you are eligible to participate in the Western PA Collegiate Job and Internship Fair.
How to Prepare
- Western PA Collegiate Job Fair Website: http://www.westpacs.org/page.aspx?PID=16
- Clarion Job Fair Preparation Tips: http://www.clarion.edu/20324/
- Note: You must be dressed professionally or you will be denied entry to the job fair.
- Pre-registered for the fair by October 14 by 11:59 p.m. - registration fee waived.
- Walk-in registration - $10 (cash only) which will be collected at the event. You must show your resume, ID, and be professionally dressed.
To register for the fair, Clarion University students and alumni should:
- Go to www.westpacs.org and complete the online registration form.
- Read and accept the Terms of Agreement
- Verify your registration information and confirm
- You will receive two email confirmations. The first confirms that your online registration application was received. The second will be sent after your school has verified your status as a current student or alumnus. Please print the second e-mail and bring it with you to the job fair as proof of your pre-registration.
The Career Development Center is coordinating transportation to this event. Transportation will leave Clarion at 8:00 am on October 16, 2013 and return to campus by 3:30 p.m. To express interest, please sign up by Thursday, October 10, 2013 by clicking here. A fee of $15.00 will be required to reserve your space.
Don't get towed! Go to http://www.westpacs.org/page.aspx?PID=33 for parking information.
Directions to Monroeville Convention Center
Use 209 Mall Boulevard, Monroeville, PA to locate directions to the Monroeville Convention Center or follow the directions below:
From Pittsburgh International Airport
Head north on Airport Blvd. toward Pittsburgh-- bear right to remain on Airport Blvd. Merge onto PA-60 S via the I-79/Pittsburgh/PA Turnpike ramp. Continue on US-22 E/US-30 E. Continue on I-279 N. Bear right at I-376 E (follow the signs for I-376/Monroeville). Take exit 10B for US-22 Bus. toward Monroeville. Merge onto US-22/William Penn Highway and follow William Penn. Turn right onto Cirbus Lane and take the first right onto Mall Blvd.
From the Pennsylvania Turnpike (I-76)
Take I-76/PA Turnpike to Exit 57 to merge onto I-376 W toward Pittsburgh/US-22. Take the US-22 Bus exit on the left toward Monroeville. Merge onto US-22/William Penn Highway and follow it for 1.5 miles and turn left onto Mall Blvd.