To start the transfer evaluation process, a credit evaluation will be conducted based on the college transcripts you submitted.
In order for credits to transfer:
- Credits must be earned from a similarly accredited college or university.
- You must have earned at least a “C” in the class for credits to transfer.
- Credits are transferrable, but grades and grade-point averages are not.
- The degree audit applies transferrable credits to your program of study.
- Results of the degree audit will be mailed to you.
- You must adhere to the Residency Requirement:
- To earn a bachelor’s degree, you are required to complete a minimum of 30 of your last 45 credits and at least 50 percent of the major credits through Clarion, online or on campus.
- Students seeking an associate’s degree must complete a minimum of 30 credit hours at Venango College or online.
- Transfer students who qualify may schedule classes during the early registration period – typically April through May and October through November.
- Students who transfer in a college level math class or a college-level English composition course will not be required to take the placement/questionnaire test prior to attending S.O.A.R.
Students who wish to appeal a course equivalency on the degree audit may do so by meeting with the dean of their college. Students who appeal an equivalency are asked to provide a course syllabus which is more detailed than catalog descriptions. The course is then re-evaluated by the appropriate academic department.
Prior Learning Credit
Prior Learning Credit is something you can use in the pursuit of a college degree. There are three types of Prior Learning Credit that can be applied to your college education. The three types of accepted Prior Learning Credit are:
- Life experience
- Military service
To learn more about Prior Learning Credit go here.