Computing Services - Test Scoring
Computing Services provides a test scoring service using an NCS Person OpScan scanner that requires a special form.
- Computing Services, Room G-1, Still Hall
- Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Test can be signed in by a student, secretary, or an Instructor
- Under normal conditions, there is a 5-minute wait or you may pick them up at a later time.
- Tests are graded first come, first served basis
- Are 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
- Come in a package of 500
- 100 questions per sheet
- 5 Responses per Question
- Can be obtained from the Receiving department
The Key (Instructors only): Click here for example
- Have the Instructor's name written at the top along with the Course name and Section number
- Must use a #2 Pencil - Ink or Colored Pencils will not be read
- There can only be one answer per question, if two answers, a second key will be required and the test ran through a second time
- Keep Scan Sheets in good condition. Do not fold, bend, or hole-punch the sheets or allow them to become warped
- Use a #2 Pencil only
- Write your name at the top
- Bubble in the letters that correspond with your name
- Do NOT write or bubble in your Social Security number. Instead, use your identification number (if given one) and mark the corresponding boxes
- Erase mistakes completely
- Do not make any stray marks on the test form. Do not fold, bend, or hole-punch the sheets
- There are four different reports that you will receive with each test.
- Alpha Report (pdf) - students are put in Alphabetical order by their loast names along with their score
- Item Analysis (pdf) - allows you to analyze each question for its difficulty
- Scoring (pdf) - will show the student's Actual Score, Standard Test Score, and the Percentile Rank
- Test Scan Data (pdf) - shows exactly what each student answered for each question
- Each report will display the instructor's name and course at the top