Clarion University offers Transfer Students, like you, the opportunity to gain a competitive edge in your career choice. As part of the State System of Higher Education, Clarion University provides on-campus and online programs. There are more than 6,100 students enrolled in programs at Clarion University.
Pennsylvania Community College Transfer Students: Learn what TAOC and P2P mean to you here.
Generally, a 2.0 QPA is needed from the most recent school you’ve attended. Some colleges at Clarion University may have other requirements like:
- College of Business – 2.5 QPA
- College of Education and Human Services – 3.0 QPA to enter certification phase of degree
- Venango College – Call (814) 676-6591, Ext. 1211 for specific requirements.
- To be considered a Transfer Student, applicants should have completed at least six college-level credits.
Note: SATs or ACTs are not necessary for enrollment.
To transfer to Clarion University you will need to:
- Determine if your credits will transfer. Check here.
- Complete an undergraduate application. Apply here.
- Pay an application fee ($35 for online application or $40 for the paper application).
- Submit high school transcripts.
- Submit transcripts from all institutions attended since high schools.
- Determine if you’re eligible for scholarships including the Golden Eagle Scholarship for Pennsylvania Transfer Students.
- Once you’ve been accepted, pay your $100 admissions deposit by check, money order or by calling 814-393-2306 with credit card information.
- Paying admissions deposit permits a full degree audit to take place which supplements the initial transfer equivalency credit evaluation
- Paying your admissions deposit gives you access to MyClarion (an online account for student information), Eagle email and Desire 2 Learn (an online learning platform)
- The deposit also allows Transfer students to participate in early registration in April for fall term or in October for spring term. Students will likely register for classes by telephone for their first semester. The initial contact will be the department chair for your major.
- On-campus students also will receive information about housing and an invitation to attend an orientation session called S.O.A.R. (Student Orientation, Acclimation & Retention).
- Online students will receive information about an online orientation.
- Browse the course schedule …..
Contact Diane Kahle , Clarion University transfer counselor, with any questions. She also can provide a quick evaluation of credits before you apply. On your next visit to campus, you may present an unofficial transcript for preliminary evaluation. You also may fax a copy to us at (814) 393-2030.
To set up an appointment or to obtain additional information, call (800) 672-7171, Ext. 1, or 814-393-2306.