D2L Profile: Adding Image and Updating Personal Information
One way to make a connection with your students is to add your photo to your Desire2Learn profile. This can be especially helpful when you are offering your course to distance learners. Adding your photo allows your students to place a face with your name.
Complete the following steps to update your profile and add your photo. Once the upload is complete, the image will now appear in the Classlist, Discussion Board posts, and Homepage. Before starting, we recommend that you reduce the resolution of your image to a web-ready size.
1. Open the image using Microsoft Picture Manager (Start Menu, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Office Tools, Microsoft Picture Manager)
2. Click on the picture you want to resize.
3. Click the Picture Menu on the toolbar and select Compress Pictures.
4. The Compress pictures settings will open on the right side of the window. Compress the picture by selecting Web pages, and then click the OK button.
5. Click File, Save As, and give the image a new name.
6. Close Microsoft Office Picture Manager.
1. Open the image using the default Preview application.
2. Click Tools on the toolbar and select Adjust Size.
3. The Image Dimensions property box will open. Change the resolution to 72, and then click the OK button.
4. Click File, Save As, and give the image a new name.
5. Close the application.
Select the drop-down box containing your name in the upper right hand corner of the page and select the profile link.
3. Click the Change Picture button.
4. Click the Browse button to search for the photo on your computer.
5. Once you locate the photo that you want to use, click on the file from the list and then click Open.
6. Click Upload from the Select a Profile Picture window.
7. Make any additional changes or additions to your personal information and then click Save to save your changes.