Clarion University–Venango Campus will offer an array of fitness classes this fall that will begin the week of September 19 and run through mid-December. Classes are free and open to the public. All classes are taught in the Robert W. Rhoades Center Gymnasium. For more information, contact Daly Fuller, coordinator of intramurals and recreation, at 814-676-6591, extension 1374.
• Zumba is a Latin-inspired dance fitness program. Venango Campus offers several classes, led by certified Zumba instructors.
Instructor Ron Radaker: Tuesdays, 12:00 p.m. -1:00 p.m. and Thursdays, 12:00 p.m. -1:00 p.m.
Instructor Beth Jackson: Wednesdays, 5:15 p.m. -6:15 p.m.
• Boot Camp is an intense total-body workout combining strength, endurance, cardio and flexibility. Be ready to do push-ups, sit-ups and running drills to increase your cardiovascular fitness and lean body mass while burning calories.
Instructor Kristen Jacobs: Mondays, 11:15 p.m. -12:10 p.m.
• Yoga One of our most popular classes is our Yoga class taught by instructor Libby Jenkins. She is a member of Professional Yoga Therapists and is a registered Yoga Alliance Teacher 500. Mondays, 12:30 p.m. -1:30 pm
• Turbo Kick, a kickboxing course, is new this semester. It is taught by certified instructor Beth Jackson.
Tuesdays, 2:30 p.m. -3:30 p.m.
• Butts & Guts This class will increase core strength and postural stabilization while helping to relieve stress. This intense low impact class, designed for all fitness levels, focuses on working the abdominals and lower body using functional training.
Instructor Kristen Jacobs: Thursdays, 2:00 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
• Step Aerobics combines aerobics and strength training to burn calories.
Instructor Lisa Winger: Thursdays, 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
• Personal Training Personal training programs are designed to provide an individualized program to help individuals achieve goals and maximize every workout in less time. Each session lasts 60 minutes with a maximum of 3 participants. Kristen Jacobs is the certified instructor.
Clarion University–Venango Campus, located in Oil City, is the oldest regional campus in Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education. The campus provides high-quality educational programs and personalized services to help students succeed. Students can begin any of Clarion University's 90+ bachelor's degrees at the Venango Campus, earn an associate degree, a bachelor's or master's degree in select areas, obtain a one-year certificate or participate in a variety of professional development and personal enrichment courses. The campus is home to Clarion University's School of Nursing and Allied Health, the Department of Applied Technology, and the Venango Department of Arts and Sciences. Clarion University–Venango Campus is committed to serving the needs of the community.