May 8, 2014
Gemmell Student Complex or Carlson Library Level A
Clarion, PA 16214
- Employer Registration Information
- Candidate Registration Information
- Schedule of Events
- Site Information
Who can participate: The Western PA Education Job Fair is for graduating seniors, graduate students, and alumni who are seeking positions in the field of education, including teaching, coaching, speech pathology audiology, library science, information systems, physical therapy, occupational therapy, school nursing and school counseling.
The fair offers employers an opportunity to speak informally with candidates, distribute recruitment literature, and conduct individual interviews with students from PASSHE and other western PA colleges and universities. Graduate Schools and vendors are also invited to attend this event.
Sponsors: This event is co-sponsored by the career centers at these PASSHE institutions located in western Pennsylvania: Clarion, Edinboro, Indiana.
Location: Clarion University. Carlson Library, Level A, Wood St, Parking Lot 7 and Lot 9
or Gemmell Student Complex, Payne St, Commuter Lot 16, Clarion, PA 16214.
Employer Check-in 8:15 - 8:45 a.m. Meet & Greet/Interview Sign-up will be held from 9:15 - 10:15 a.m. during which you can pre-schedule interviews. Interviews will be held from 10:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. at your booth.
Registration Form: The registration form is online on your Clarion Career Connections account home page - Events tab or Attend Events section.
Early Bird Registration - due April 3, 2014:
$50.00 for one recruiter, $25.00 for each additional recruiter. Includes: One table, a chair for each registered recruiter, a listing in the online directory and the printed directory that is distributed to students at the fair
Regular Registration - due April 17, 2014:
$75.00 for one recruiter, $25.00 for each additional recruiter. Includes: One table, a chair for each registered recruiter, a listing in the online directory and the printed directory that is distributed to students at the fair (if registration is received three weeks prior to the event.)
Late Registration - after April 17, 2014:
$100.00 for one recruiter, $25.00 for each additional recruiter. Includes: One table, a chair for each registered recruiter, a listing in the online directory.
Following the submission of your online registration form, you will see a confirmation form/invoice (if applicable). Please PRINT this form. Mail your registration fee with a copy of the confirmation letter/invoice form prior to the event to:
Career Development Center
840 Wood Street
114 Egbert Hall
Clarion, PA 16214-1232
Clarion University Federal Tax ID#25-1474927
Clarion University Request for Taxpayer ID Number is available online at http://www.clarion.edu/27925.pdf
Clarion University W-9 is available online at http://www.clarion.edu/27929.pdf
Refund: A full refund of the registration fee will be made if a written cancellation is received two weeks prior to the event.
Sponsorships, Support and Advertising Information
Increase your visibility with career fair attendees by becoming an event sponsor or supporter! All sponsorships help with career fairs and professional development and job search services provided by the Career Services Center. No goods or services are rendered for being a sponsor of the event and donations are tax-deductible. The Federal Tax ID number is provided on the event registration form and registration confirmation letter. The Clarion University Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization.
Event Sponsor: $300
Event Co-Sponsor: $150
Event Supporter: Donate a door prize that the Career Development Center can raffle off after the event.
For detailed information, print a copy of our Sponsorship, Support and Advertising sheet.
- This event is located in the Multi-Purpose Room on the second floor of the Gemmell Student Complex.
- One table, tablecloth and two chairs will be provided.
- You may place a banner or display on or behind your table (6' x 3').
- Signs are not permitted to be taped or tacked to walls.
- Wireless Internet service is available. However, you must provide your own laptop and wireless card.
- A limited number of electrical outlets will be made available on a first registered, first served basis.
- Organizations must supply their own audio/visual equipment and extension cords.
Unloading Materials and Parking
NEW PARKING LOCATION! Student volunteers will be available at Commuter Lot 16, Payne Street, Clarion, PA, 16214 parking area one hour before the event to give recruters a parking permit and help recruiters transport materials to and from the venue.
If you chose to park on campus at a metered space along Wilson Avenue or on campus, you will need to feed the meter. Parking tickets will be the responsibility of the recruiter.
- PASSHE Universities: Bloomsburg, CalU, Cheyney, Clarion, East Stroudsburg, Edinboro, Kutztown, IUP, Lock Haven, Mansfield, Millersville, Shippensburg, Slippery Rock, West Chester.
- This event is free for candidates from the PASSHE Universities who pre-register by the designated deadline for the event.
- $10.00 walk-in fee. Cash only
- Non-PASSHE Universities:
- Fee: $10.00 (cash only) Walk-ins Only.
- Check-in: 9:00 - 9:15 a.m.
Meet & Greet/Interview Sign-up: 9:15 - 10:15 a.m.
Interviews: 10:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. at employer booth.
- Clarion students and alumni can view participating school districts and organizations on Clarion Career Connections - Click Events tab, Click Career Fair.
- Non-Clarion candidates = A .pdf listing participating employers will be found here in April.
- ALL candidates are required to have resumes at the event. We recommend that you have hard copies of your resume to give to employers or drop off at their tables. Bring the number of resumes equivalent to the number of employer tables you plan to visit.
- Professional interview attire is required.
- For information on resume writing, interviewing, professional attire visit http://www.clarion.edu/10328/ or your respective campus career services office.
- Only candidates seeking employment will be allowed into the employer area. Guests must remain in the lobby.
- Parking permit information for employers is posted under Site Information on this event website.
- Directions and Hotel information is listed under Travel Information on this event website.
8:15 - 8:45 a.m. Employer Check-in
9:00 - 9:15 a.m. Candidate Check-in
9:15 - 10:15 a.m. Doors Open - Interview Sign-Up Period/Table Visitation
10:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon Individual Interviews (15-30 minute appointments)
12:00 - 1:00 p.m. Lunch (on your own) and/or Optional Interviews
1:00 - 3:30 p.m. Individual Interviews (15-30 minute appointments)
- This event will be held at Clarion University of Pennsylvania, Gemmell Student Complex, 2nd Floor, Multi-purpose room.
- Employers - Parking permits will be provided upon check-in at the Commuter Parking Lot 16, Payne St, Clarion, PA 16214.
- Candidates - Visitors can obtain permits at Public Safety, Thorne St or feed the meters along Wilson Ave or in the pay lots.
- Directions and Hotel Information is listed under the Travel Information Section on this website.
- Please check this website one week before the event for logistical updates.