1. Log into D2L and enter your course.
2. In the navbar at the top of the page, click the assessments link and select “grades.”
3. If a gradebook has not already been set up or imported for your course, you should see the Grades Setup Wizard when you enter the Grades tool. If a different area of the Grades tool displays by default, you can access the Grades Setup Wizard by clicking the link at the top of the page. Note: This will affect the instructor view. To change student View, see step 6 in the next section.
4. Follow the directions in the wizard to set up your desired gradebook settings, including grading system, final grade release, grading scheme, and view display options.
1. Go to the Grades Area.
2. Click on settings on the upper right side of the page
3. You will be on the personal display options screen. Put a checkmark in the box that says points grade and remove the checkmarks from the grade scheme symbol and the grade scheme color boxes.
4. Click Save.
5. Go to the Org Unit display options.
6. Put a checkmark in the box that says points grade and remove the checkmarks from the grade scheme symbol and the grade scheme color boxes. Note: This will affect the student view.
7. Click Save.
Now both the instructor and the students will see the points received on grade items instead of colors or symbols.