The Dropbox lets you submit assignments through the Learning Environment, eliminating the need to mail, fax, or email assignments. Simply upload your assignment to the appropriate folder.
To access the Dropbox tool, click on the Dropbox link under the drop down menu in the assessments tab.
From the Folder List page you can view:
A list of assignment folders and related attachments
Whether folders are for group or personal assignments.
The number of assignments that you submitted to each folder.
Whether feedback, including grades and rubric scores, has been left for you.
From the main Dropbox page, click the name of the folder that you want to submit an assignment to, and then do the following:
1. Click on the Add a File button.
2. Browse and attach the file you want to upload. You can click Add to attach additional files.
3. Click on the Upload button.
4. Click on the Submit button.
From the Dropbox main page, select the folder you want to submit files to and do the following in order to add an audio recording to the file(s):
1. Click the Record Audio button.
2. Before you can make a recording, you must be sure to allow D2L to access your microphone by clicking the boxes next to "allow" and "remember" when this message appears:
3. On the pop-up screen, select the record (red circle) button and begin speaking into your microphone.
4. Press the play button to the right of the record button to listen to your recording, if you are not satisfied with it, repeat step 2.
5. Once you are finished, press the "add" button.
6. Add comments, if desired, and click "submit."
Group dropbox folders have a Group Folder icon beside their name. Any user in your group can submit files to the group folder. The Submissions column in the Folder List lets you know how many files your group submitted. The Submission History page provides details on who submitted files and when. Feedback, including grades, associated with group folders applies to the entire group.
1. On the Dropbox Folders page, click on the History button.
2. Click on the Folder you want to view submissions for.
A list of submitted files displays on the Submission History page. You can check each file's size, when it is submitted, whether comments were included with it, and who has retrieved it. For group dropbox folders you can check who submitted each file.
Unread Icon: The file has not been retrieved.
Read Icon: The file has been retrieved. (It may not have been read or graded.)
1. From the Dropbox Folders page, click the View icon in the Feedback column for a folder.
2. View your comments, grades, and/or rubric achievement.
3. Click Download All Files to download any attachments.