- Students must have access to a computer with reliable Internet capability
- Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to consult with the department chair before admission to the program
Regular Full Admission
Individuals seeking admission to Clarion's Master of Science in Mass Media Arts and Journalism or the Graduate Certificate in Public Relations must have earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with an overall GPA of 3.0
Admission on a provisional basis may be granted if the applicant's GPA is at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale and a scaled score of 400 or above is achieved on the Miller Analogies Test or a combined score of 1000 from two sections is obtained on the Graduate Record Exam. Degree status may be obtained upon completion of 12 semester hours with a minimum of 3.0 average.
- Follow all of the procedures listed for admission to graduate studies at Clarion University
- Indicate your purpose in pursuing the MMAJ MS degree and/or Graduate Certificate in Public Relations in your short essay
- For non-native applicants: submit TOEFL scores of 600 or above
- For those seeking both the MS degree and the PR Certificate simultaneously, submit a $30 non-refundable application fee and indicate dual degrees sought on the form.
- Currently enrolled MMAJ graduate candidates can add the Graduate Certificate and vice versa at a later date by submitting a second cover application form indicating the program you want to add (Graduate Certificate in Public Relations or MMAJ MS). This must be FAXED to the Office of Graduate Studies at 814-393-2722 to avoid an additional application fee.
Credits to Complete: 15
Completion Length: 12 months to 5 years
Format: Entirely Online