The email tool in D2L is configured as send-only. You cannot receive any email messages through D2L. You should use your Clarion email for receiving email from students in your courses.
Sending Email from Your D2L Course
1. Log into D2L and enter your course.
2. In the navbar at the top of the page, click the Classlist link under the drop down menu in the Communication tab.
3. The Classlist tool will list all students in your course.
a. To email all students in your course, select Email. This will take you to a page with all students as well as yourself, select the Send Email button to open a page for composing the email. Hit the Send button to send the email to all of your students
b. To email specific student(s), select the checkbox(es) next their names, then click the Email icon at the top or bottom of the list.
4. A new window will pop up. The To: field will be filled in automatically. Type the subject in the subject line, then type your message in the box provided.
5. Optional: You can also attach files from your computer to send to the recipient(s) if desired. To do so, click the Upload button and select the file you want to send. Then click the Add button.
6. When you are ready, click the Send button to send the email
Also, the sender can go into their Account Settings under their name and check mark the boxes to send and save a copy of the outgoing mail to yourself.