Admission requirements for the M.S.N. program are the following:
Evidence of an earned baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited program
Licensure as a registered nurse in the state where the student plans to complete clinical practicum
An undergraduate QPA of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale or a graduate QPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (if seeking second M.S.N. degree)
One year of recent full-time clinical practice or two years of part-time clinical practice (2,000 hours)
Evidence of completion of a college-level statistics course with a "C" or better
Payment of the application fee
To fulfill degree requirements for graduation, the student must complete 45 semester hours of required course work for the family nurse practitioner concentration. The student must maintain a QPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
Successful completion of a comprehensive assessment in the form of a professional portfolio is required. A scholarly project/thesis is also required for graduation. All degree requirements must be completed within six years of the first date of enrollment.
To be considered for admission, applicants should submit the following materials to the Graduate Office at Clarion University:
1. Completed application form
2. Non-refundable paper application fee of $50 or save $10 by applying online at www.clarion.edu/admiss.
3. Official transcripts of all higher education coursework
4. Professional recommendations from two individuals
5. Copy of Registered Nurse license
6. Resume of professional experience
7. Completed Requirement Summary sheet
8. Essay describing his/her professional goals and expectations regarding how the program will meet these goals
9. Self-addressed acknowledgment card
Upon receipt of all these materials, the Graduate Office will notify the applicant to arrange an interview with members of the Admission, Progression, and Graduation Committee. An application is not considered complete until after the interview.